StudioGraphia Seeks Education Writers!
Subject Matter Experts
- Advanced Placement Language and Composition
- Developmental Reading, high school and college levels
- Developmental Writing, high school and college levels
- English Language Arts, K-12
- Science, K-12
- Social Studies, K-12
- Teacher Education, K-University
- Strong experience in professional development and curriculum design
- Detailed knowledge of Common Core State Standards, all areas, all grades
- See below for more general requirements.
- Create engaging and effective PD workshop materials on Common Core
State Standards, including presenter slides and notes, participant materials,
- ELA: Create Elementary School/Middle School exemplar
lesson material, including unit plans, weekly plans, and lesson plans
that exemplify principles of good lesson planning and design (UbD, essential
questions, etc.) and demonstrate particularly challenging aspects of
the instructional shifts required of CCSS.
Update: First 3 phases of Professional Development project completed: CCSS for ELA, Science, and Social Studies at multiple grade levels.
Update: Writer's Assistant position filled.
Update: Allied Health Care project involvement completed.
Update: Advanced Placement English Language preparation materials assignments have been made. Seeking Advanced Placement English Language and Literature experts to help with Quality Control for the next project phase.
How does StudioGraphia evaluate potential writers and editors?
When evaluating candidates for the StudioGraphia Writing and Editorial Team, we look for the following:
- Writing Ability: StudioGraphia hires exceptionally strong writers whose
content is accurate, factual, informative, and compelling. Writing must be
free of spelling and grammar errors. All content submitted for client consideration
must be FINAL DRAFT quality.
- Technological Savvy: Our writers work with various types of technology.
Writers must be familiar with Web formatting, file sharing using cloud computing
with applications like DropBox, Microsoft Word’s Track Changes feature, Adobe
PDF files, and other tools and resources to facilitate collaboration and
- Topic Expertise: Our writers are experts in education AND in writing. (Excellent
teachers are not necessarily excellent education writers.) Our projects address
a variety of topics, including K-university English language arts, English
composition, literature, art, science, social studies, and general study
skills. Our writers possess extensive content area knowledge and experience.
They write with ease about basic aspects of each topic, and they possess
sophisticated research skills to learn more to enhance their assigned content.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Our team success depends on smooth collaboration.
We help each other get the job done RIGHT.
- Timeliness: It should go without saying that StudioGraphia writers and
editors meet their deadlines. Writers and editors must communicate with project
managers early enough so that other team members can take over in case of
emergency. Life happens; we get it. We’re here to help each other.
- Attention to Detail: Often our projects involve complex, multi-phase project
guidelines. Our writers and editors must be able to follow complex instructions.
- Professionalism: Our writers and editors are professionals. They belong
to professional organizations, participate in fair professional practices,
and otherwise work to advance the profession and the industry. For an excellent
example, see The Editorial Freelancers Association Code of Fair Practice:
If you would like to be considered for current or upcoming project work, please contact us to introduce yourself. We like to work with the best of the best, and it's always good to make quality, professional connections.
Contact Heather: email@example.com with CV and cover letter describing qualifications and availability.
Thank you for your interest!